.

.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Things Written Down to Cassendre Xavier's Voice

Listen to the song that inspired this poem.

So, this small storm comes on, a prickly tidal wave :
Some
how
her
song
travels to the skin, lower back, ears, lower
and back.
Can feel even as we hear, or we are not hearing until we first feel.
It’s a chill, a warning, a takeover.
How to say -- feel music so much as hear it
without saying what has been said before?

Redemption, Redemption, Redemption, birth rite.

So, this small storm comes on, a prickly tidal wave :
it sounds like with-with, heart stop, with –
it sounds like shhhhhhhhhhh
It sounds like learning, learning, learning, lifting burning.
Willing, willing                                      willing.

shush.

It sounds like looking back, looking forward, looking-


Joy can be mine?

I have learned
I won’t be cruel
I have learned
the path Less Broken, less broken.

What would you do what would you do what would you do what would you do
if I told you:
I am not back
I’m back
I’m not back
I’m back
I'm
not ready not ready not ready
never ready
for pain.

No comments: